I am a senior research associate in Visual Information Laboratory (VIL), which is part of Department of Computer Science of University of Bristol (UoB). I work with Prof. Walterio Mayol-Cuevas and Dr. Dima Damen. I received my Ph.D. degree from Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) under supervision of Prof. Woontack Woo.
My research explores novel natural user interface technologies that aim to make interactions between humans and computers more intuitive in a wearable environment. These efforts often lie in understanding human behaviours, analysing visual attributes and investigating decision making fairness based on visual computing and mobile & wearable computing. Besides my research background in computer science, my work often incorporates aspects of machine learning (particularly Deep Learning (CNN), Random Forest), computer vision, video processing (including IR, colour, and depth images), AR&VR, and biometrics.
Full C.V., Last modified on 30/10/2020, [File Download]
- 29/10/2020, Invited talk at Facebook Reality Labs, Redmond, US.
- 10/08/2020, Released EPIC-Tent 2019 Dataset [Teaser Video] [Dataset] [Annotation]
- 08/10/2019, Invited to serve on IEEE VR 2020 Conference Track Area Chair.
- 21/08/2019, Got acceptance letter from IEEE ICCV Workshop on EPIC, Seoul, S.Korea. [Project]
- 31/01/2019, Got acceptance letter from Elsevier CVIU. [Project]
- 15/11/2018, Invited to serve on IEEE VR 2019 Conference Track Area Chair.
- 21/05/2018, Joined Visual Information Lab. of Uni. of Bristol as a Senior (PostDoc) RA.
- 02/11/2017, Invited lecture at Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge, UK.
- 25/08/2017, Got acceptance letter from IEEE ICCV Workshop on AMFG, Venice, Italy. [Project]
- 03/08/2017, Invited talk at Augmented Reality Research Centre, KAIST, S. Korea.
- 01/08/2017, Invited talk at Intelligent Image Processing Research Centre, KETI, S. Korea.
- 08/08/2016, Got acceptance letter from IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems. [Project]
- 01/07/2016, Won the best poster award at IEEE CVPR16 Workshop on HANDS, Las Vegas, USA, sponsored by Facebook/Oculus and Purdue University.
- 01/07/2016, Poster presentaion at IEEE CVPR16 Workshop on HANDS, Las Vegas, NV, USA.
- 23/05/2016, Joined MMV Group of Queen Mary University of London as a PostDoc.
- 04/05/2016, Invited talk at Graduate School of Culture Technology, KAIST, S. Korea.
- 29/04/2016, Invited talk at College of Inf. and Com. Eng., Daegu University, S. Korea.
- 26/04/2016, Invited talk at Realistic Information Platform Research Center, KETI, S.Korea.
- 25/04/2016, Best presentation award, APMR 16, Andong, S.Korea.
- 02/04/2016, Invited talk at NamDoHakSuk(NDHS), S.Korea.
- 01/02/2016, Invited talk at Max-Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany.
- 18/12/2015, Invited talk at Mokpo Hongil High School, S.Korea.
- 17/12/2015, Invited talk at VTouch Research Group, VTouch Inc., S.Korea.
- 12/11/2015, Invited lecture at GSCT Course (GCT555: 3D Interaction Design), KAIST, S.Korea.
- 15/10/2015, Invited talk at Korea Electric Power Research Institute, KEPCO, S.Korea.
- 06/09/2015, Full C.V. and research statement have been updated.
- 20/08/2015, Initiated new website.
- [05/2018 - present] Senior research associate, Dept. of CS, University of Bristol.
- [06/2016 - 05/2018] Postdoc researcher, School of EE/CS, Queen Mary University of London.
- [07/2016 - 05/2018] Visiting researcher, Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge.
- [08/2015 - 04/2016] Postdoc researcher, AHRC, CTRI, KAIST.
- [02/2012 - 08/2015] Ph.D., Graduate School of Culture Technology, KAIST
- [09/2008 - 02/2012] Coursework (Ph.D.) Completion, Information & Communication Eng., GIST
- [03/2007 - 06/2008] Coursework (M.S.) Completion, Computer Science, SMU
- [03/2003 - 02/2007] B.S., Computer Science, SMU